Issuing receipts can seem complicated. The easiest way to look at it is by breaking it down to two steps.
- Create - Use the Create Receipts menu option to create Pending receipts. While they are Pending you have the opportunity to review/verify your data.
- Issue - It’s during the Issue step that receipt numbers are assigned and a record of the receipt is added to the donor profile.
Below are some common obstacles:
- When you run the receipts to Pending, a report is created: the Pending Receipts Report. Do NOT use this report to create your receipts. This report is only to verify your data.
- After you have submitted the Pending receipts, wait for the job to complete, then refresh or open the Receipts Maintenance screen. The screen can get locked if you’re trying to refresh while Andar is trying to load the new Pending receipts.
- When you Issue the receipts, by default receipts that are missing a pecked postal address are not issued. This is true even if you're sending the receipts by email. If you wish to issue receipts regardless of existence of a postal address, you can check the box “Issue receipts without an address.”